Study Visits to Euroguidance Ireland
NCGE / Euroguidance Ireland host regular study visits with the aim of supporting the sharing of best practice in guidance among guidance practitioners and other relevant professionals.
Click on the sections below for more details.
13 – 15 June 2018, Dublin / Maynooth, Ireland
In order to share information and good practices in higher education guidance, Euroguidance Croatia organised a study visit in cooperation with partners in Ireland on the topic of Career Counselling in Higher Education: Developing Students’ Career Management Skills. Participants for the study visit were selected through an open call which was launched in mid-April 2018 and aimed at staff employed in career deelopment centres of different Croatian higher education institutions.
The main objectives of this study visit were to:
- Provide an overview of educational guidance in Ireland
- Present guidance services, tools and resources for students in Irish higher edurcation institutions
- Present opportunities for cooperation between the academic and business sector, and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide a networking opportunity between guidance practitonrs from Ireland and Croatia
Partners in Ireland:
- National Centre for Guidance in Education / Euroguidance Ireland
- University College Dublin Career Development Centre
- Maynooth University Career Development Centre
Study visit participants:
Mia Trcol, Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes / Euroguidance Croatia
5 – 7 Careers advisers from career development centres - higher education institutions in Croatia
For the agenda please click HERE
For topics of interested related to the visit click HERE
- Overview of Guidance in Ireland - NCGE
- Guidance in Post Primary Schools - NCGE - Pt 1
- Guidance in Post Primary Schools - NCGE - Pt 2
- QQI and NARIC - NCGE
- Planning for guidance in FET - NCGE
- Quality Guidelines in Guidance - NCGE
- Career Guidance in GERMANY
- BULGARIA Centre for Career Development
- Education and Guidance System in LATVIA
- Education in FLANDERS
- Euroguidance CROATIA
NCGE/Euroguidance Ireland recently hosted a study visit to Ireland for members of the Placement and Career Guidance Unit (PCGU) of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).
The group comprised of nine Palestinian guidance counsellors, registrars and school principals from Lebanon.
Guidance counselling services for young Palestinian refugees in Lebanon is still very much in its infancy. In 2010 UNRWA Lebanon Field Office adopted a new strategy for the PCGU to provide qualitative career guidance for students at various key stages and points of transition. However, there is a shortage of guidance provision in schools and even where provision is available, Palestinian students have limited access to the service.
The visiting group work in UNRWA schools in the various camps in Lebanon as guidance counsellors, registrars and school principals.
The purpose of this study visit to Dublin was to allow for a sharing of policy and best practice, the learning from which would inform future guidance provision.
Various presentations and workshops were delivered, from DES; NCGE; QQI; JCT (Wellbeing), DCU, TY Ireland and CareersPortal.
The study visit also included site visits to a number of second-level schools;
An adult education and training centre and two Universities - DCU and Maynooth University.