NCGE will be participating in the 2020 IGC Conference @NUIG - March 6th and 7th.
Euro-Quest is a free online, classroom based resource now available for use with Transition Year students in Ireland.
The course page can be accessed at www.euro-quest.ie
To find out more click on a section below. If you have any queries in relation to this programme please e-mail: email@example.com
Additional aims of Euro-Quest
- develop an awareness of the benefits of European citizenship.
- develop an awareness of the benefits of studying abroad for a period of time.
- motivate students to consider a period of study in Europe
- develop an understanding of available opportunities for travelling and studying as European students in the future
- foster positive attitudes towards other cultures and also foster positive cultural exchanges
- develop research skills that will enable students to explore both career opportunities and study abroad opportunities
- demonstrate knowledge of Europe and the European Union
- demonstrate an ability to research career and study abroad opportunities
- show an appreciation of the cultural diversity that is inherent to Europe
- reflect on personal attributes and strengths to identify careers that will suit the individual
- demonstrate key skills in information processing and evaluating online resources in order to identity appropriate opportunities
- demonstrate key skills in researching, communication and presenting future aspirations
This unit utilises a WebQuest, inquiry-oriented approach. Students access four online modules which link to a collection of media and informative sources with resource-rich content. The work in this 'WebQuest' is guided and supported by the teacher, using the accompanying Student Workbook and Whole School Guidebook.
- European Languages
- European Studies
As host of the Euroguidance centre Ireland; NCGE/Euroguidance Ireland completed a pilot programme with 15 schools of the ‘Euro-Quest’ classroom resource.