The Euroguidance Network is a co-operation of 68 Centres throughout 35 European countries which link together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe.
The Euroguidance Centre in Ireland is hosted by the National Centre for Guidance in Education (NCGE)
Activities of Euroguidance Ireland:
- Euroguidance Ireland collects, processes and disseminates information on studying and training opportunities in the EU and EEA member states and in the candidate countries.
- Euroguidance Ireland provides information on guidance systems in the EU and EEA member states and in the candidate countries.
- Euroguidance Ireland disseminates information on European initiatives and programmes in education, training and mobility and highlights examples of innovative working methods and good practice in the field of lifelong guidance.
- Euroguidance Ireland promotes cooperation among different stakeholders in guidance and education.
- Euroguidance Ireland supports national and international networking of guidance counsellors by organising seminars, training and study visits.
- Euroguidance Ireland manages information relating to Ireland on the PLOTEUS database, a portal which searches for courses throughout Europe.
- Euroguidance Ireland designs and host study visits from international experts who wish to experience the guidance system in Ireland at first hand.
- Euroguidance Ireland co-ordinates the provision of guidance to European Schools throughout the EU.
- Euroguidance Ireland represents Ireland at meetings of the DG Education and Culture, as part of the Erasmus + Programme, 2014-2020.
For information on guidance services in both education and employment, see:
For European networks and institutions; see:
The Euroguidance Ireland Centre hosted by NCGE, forms part of the Erasmus + Programme, 2014-2020.