It is important to ensure the following:
- If you have specific courses in mind, check that your subject choices and levels match the entry requirements for these courses e.g. you will require a certain level of English; you may require a certain level of math; a specific language or a specific science subject etc.
- Strongly consider picking ‘distinct’ subjects, where possible. Some HEIs will not consider a subject that is studied and studied at advanced level as two distinct subjects. (e.g. L2 and Advanced L2 etc.)
- Where possible, to keep as many ≥3-period subjects as possible. These convert towards more points.
- Where possible, try to keep up ≥ 5-period math as it is awarded bonus points in several colleges. Trinity College award these bonus points for ≥ 3 period math.
- If concerned about high point courses, it is always advisable to expand your search to similar courses in other institutions and other courses within the same field.