Europass is a set of online tools to help users communicate their skills, qualifications and experiences and manage their career in a fast-changing world.
The new Europass offers a range of online ‘e-Portfolio’ tools and information for people of all ages, to manage their learning and career.
Guidance Counsellors can use Europass to support students and clients to:
- Create a free personal proﬁle
- Highlight skills, qualiﬁcations and experiences
- Create CVs and cover letters
- Explore different job and learning opportunities around Europe (in progress)
- Find trusted national information and contact points on working and learning in Europe
As part of the new Europass, the Commission has also worked with 18 countries to pilot Europass Digital Credentials, which are authentic, tamper-proof digital credentials (e.g. qualifications, diplomas, certificates).
- For more information see: https://www.qqi.ie/Articles/Pages/Europass.aspx
- To create your free profile see: https://europa.eu/europass/en
Students who complete their Europass profile can use it as one of the criteria to achieve ‘Euro-Quest Ambassador’ status
It can also be used as a basis for entry to the ‘Careers with Languages’ competition
Euroguidance Ireland have created the following short video to assist students / Guidance Counsellors through the steps required to complete their (i) profile, (ii) CV and (iii) Cover letter